Saturday, November 1, 2008

AESA

I had a wonderful time. Not only did I get to present, which btw, went great, but I also got to see a beautiful town with its own unique splendid culture. Like this picture... Check it out...
Photobucket
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/Mary_Wes/?action=view&current=DSCN175.jpg
target="_blank">Photobucket
Also, I was a stereotypical tourist who took snapshots that reminded me where I was...

Photobucket
I also got to see a bunch of palm trees. I never see those..
Photobucket
I got to travel with friends, get to know them better... Here's the crew that presented.
Photobucket
And my fabulous advisor who made it all possible... She certainly is one fun gal...
Photobucket
I got to see some wonderful presentations other than mine...
Photobucket-These are the University of Alabama girls. Pretty awesome.
And, I also got to meet people I look up to and respect their writing and what they write about... for instance, Luis Urietta, Jr. who I cited in my paper! It was great to meet him...
Photobucket
I also made sure to partake in the night life... Being there on Halloween was certainly an interesting experience.
Photobucket - Love the guy in the Depends.
I also enjoyed being silly!
Photobucket
And the fact that this was a vending machine blew me away... I had to take a picture of this...
Photobucket
I had a great time. Although I have the longest, saddest, cruelest flight to and from... My ass will be sleeping for awhile. Momma's tired!!! I loved the experience... I'm ready to go home though.
xoxo

No comments:

Summer solstice

Summer solstice
Ripped from immersiveinstitute.com