Friday, August 24, 2007

I Miss....

I miss today... Where did it go? I miss my daughter's smiling face because she is sleeping right now. I miss my mom like crazy, as only a very well - loved daughter could. I miss my river and it's soft currents. I miss my friends from college, even the ones I didn't like. I miss my memories, sometimes too much. I miss playing basketball, and being the fastest, because now I'm pretty slow. I miss the conversations I am not allowed to have. I miss my stressfree summer. I miss smiling at my partner because I sometimes I feel my heart sinking right into my stomach.
I miss the simplicity of my youth, and all it's responsibility-free consequences. I miss talking to girlfriends and being silly, especially being silly... How I miss being silly... I love that I am silly with Halle. I love being silly... Can I go back to being 6 again?
Sometimes, in order to appreciate what you have, you have to sort out what you don't, so you can see how utterly stupid you are for complaining. One of these days I'll write a blog about what I appreciate.... ha!

No comments:

Summer solstice

Summer solstice
Ripped from immersiveinstitute.com